Dear Teacher, You Are a fairy

(This free verse is dedicated to all my teachers)

You are the one I met a long time before
In my life
When I stepped into your pious place
I felt that I have another mom in this world
You are next to my mother but not a stepmother

Every Saturday we came to your
Sacred place to learn from you,
It is not just a place
I felt it like a palace with a kind queen
Who was in her 20’s

You gave all the knowledgeable things
And all your love and
You dedicated all your leisure time
Towards developing us to get through from the
Life-exam

I have never seen such a lovely, kind a nice woman
Who taught us like a beautiful fairy
Without hiding anything you know
I am asking you a one question.
Can you be a bosom friend of ours?

You served like a real government employee
Without striking and lying and
Without scolding for anyone and asking for O.T.
Under your guidance, we gained many things
That is why you are different from others

I think the more valuable treasure
That you have is
The knowledge
Which you have given
Than your home or jewelries

You gave them us
Without hiding or destroying
Under your guidance what we did
Made our lives more successful
And more helpful

In your palace we behaved like your
Students, friends and also like your siblings
Everyone have to depart from you
But, do not think that you will isolate
You will not be like that until we live

Oh! I am so sorry
Time is asking us to depart from each other
Therefore, it is time to depart from you too
But the memories among us
Will be cherished in our minds

Dear teacher, I wish you a prosperous lifetime!
Nevertheless, remember that you are not just a teacher
You are the god mother of us and
You gave us all your love and showed us the way of
Becoming a Good Person to the Society…

Comments

  1. good good. idala htala hari pin athe dewaluth hithena eka.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

ඔබගේ අදහස් හා ප්‍රතිචාර මා හට ශක්තියක් වේවි ඉදිරියටත් මෙවැනිම කවි, නිසදැස් පෙළකින් ඔබ හමුවට එන්නට...

ඉන්ග්‍රීසි හෝ සින්හල හෝ වේවා ඕනෙම සිතුවිල්ලකට ඔබේ අදහස් වලට ඉඩ.