If This Is Not Love, What Is?

When we can be so many things,
I worry about what we are not.
We meet every week, at least for an hour,
though you do not propose to meet.
I make the arrangements,
though it worries me why only I make plans.

There’s a thin line between us,
being friends and being lovers.
We may not be the best couple in the world,
but together, I know that we can hold each other up.
Because a nameless affection like this
only happens when we like each other.
It’s been months, and we have met a lot,
as if we're dating each other.
Why can’t you still give this a name?
The name that I want it to be called?

Why can’t you fall in love with me
when I already have with you?
I know you pretty well, and I believe
that you know somewhat about me,
since you don’t bother to find much about me.
Our chemistry was beyond measures.
We are the first-hand evidence of it.
Why can’t we give ourselves another opportunity?
An opportunity we deserve more than anyone else.
We deserve each other because deep down,
we know that we need each other against all odds.

I don’t want to lose you for someone else again.
I don’t want to see you falling in love with another.
I don’t want us to lose each other again.
This must have been the longest period
you have known a guy while being with him.
If this is not love, I don’t know what is.
Anybody's mind would consider being in love
before a love as elaborate as mine,
because everybody loves to be in love,
while some die to be in love.
So why not you? Why can’t you? And why not me?

Comments